communications volunteer opportunities
Saratoga PLAN is seeking volunteers with experience or interest in communications, public relations, and marketing to assist with projects and initiatives in communications.
Tasks may include:
- Writing and editing of communications materials including external, internal and electronic newsletters, press releases, and donor/volunteer letters.
- Development of new communication strategies, including more web-based, interactive strategies and social media.
- General support of all activities of Communications & Development, including special events, community outreach, mailings
Communications Volunteer Benefits:
- Gain valuable knowledge on land conservation in Saratoga County
- Meet and work with other dedicated volunteers interested in promoting land conservation
- Work according to your own schedule
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, and the ability to organize are required. Must be friendly, professional, flexible as well as eager to assist and offer new ideas.
If you have any questions about Saratoga PLAN’s outreach & special events volunteer program, reach out to our Community Relations Coordinator, Emily, at: Emily@SaratogaPLAN.org.
Message from Saratoga PLAN’s Community Relations Coordinator
Do you enjoy painting a picture with words? If so, we would be happy to have you share your desire to word-smith by volunteering with Saratoga PLAN! Our communications volunteers promote and enhance Saratoga PLAN’s work through marketing, communications, and journalism.
The type and frequency of work of our communications volunteers varies between developing communications strategies, media relations, member communications, and social media. From writing for the website and newsletter, to formulating a series of educational articles, and interviewing community members – the creativity and enthusiasm of our communications volunteers connect Saratoga PLAN with the community, furthering the organizations work conserving the farms, woods, waters and trails of the Saratoga region. Your involvement can be as frequent or as varied as your schedule and lifestyle permits, as well as the type of work that you are interested in doing.
Let us know if you are interested in getting involved with Saratoga PLAN and joining us as a communications volunteer. We would be happy to have you share your enthusiasm for Saratoga County’s farms, woods, waters and trails by helping PLAN communicate our mission to the community.
If harnessing your skills in marketing and communications is something that you might be interested in, we always welcome additions to our communications team. Whether you’d like to help out once a season, once a month, or once a week there is always room for growth in Saratoga PLAN’s family tree.
Hope to hear from you soon!