stewardship internship opportunities
Stewardship internship opportunities are offered on an ongoing basis, with one intern accepted per semester, including summer sessions. Interns are supervised by Saratoga PLAN stewardship staff and spend the majority of their time working out of Saratoga PLAN’s office located at 112 Spring Street, Saratoga Springs, New York or on PLAN preserves located throughout Saratoga County.
Stewardship interns assist with mapping, promoting, maintaining, and improving Saratoga PLAN’s 4,400 acres of nature preserves, trails, waterways, and agricultural lands. Interns also help with research, planning, and implementation of programs and policies that protect natural resources and open space throughout Saratoga County. Exact duties and responsibilities vary between internships, and are dependent on organizational needs, and the skills, interests, and background of intern applicants.
Examples of Intern Responsibilities:
- Outdoor Work: Assist with trail/preserve cleanups, workdays, and general trail maintenance. Monitor conservation easement, fee-title, and management plan properties. Plan and lead outdoor hikes, paddles, nature walks, etc. with a focus on connecting people with nature and gaining new supporters for Saratoga PLAN.
- In-office Stewardship Preparation: Develop outreach materials, trail brochures, letterbox clues, curricula, kiosk content, and newsletter articles. Assist with the organization and development of stewardship files, and monitoring/project tracking.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transport. Willingness to travel with mileage reimbursement.
- Understanding and interest in the mission of Saratoga PLAN.
- A motivated graduate or undergraduate student currently enrolled in an applicable major/program.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational skills.
8-30 hours per week.
If you have any questions about Saratoga PLAN’s stewardship internship opportunities, and/or would like to apply for a stewardship internship, please submit a resume and cover letter to our Stewardship Director, Greg, at: Greg@saratogaplan.org.