community planning & land protection internship opportunities
Conservation internship opportunities are offered on an ongoing basis, with one intern accepted per semester, including summer sessions. Interns are supervised by Saratoga PLAN stewardship staff and/or the Executive Director, and spend the majority of their time working out of Saratoga PLAN’s office located at 112 Spring Street, Saratoga Springs, New York.
The conservation internship is an opportunity for students interested in/studying conservation or community planning policy to assist Saratoga PLAN and local municipalities within PLAN’s service area with identifying conservation planning needs and assisting with carrying out planning and land protection projects. Some internships involve working closely with the Saratoga County Planning Department and community groups operating within the county. Specific areas of focus are assigned based on Saratoga PLAN’s project needs at the time of application, as well as the applicant’s skillset, background, and interests.
Examples of Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications and land protection materials
- Review, edit, and draft conservation easements and property management plans
- Schedule, prepare for, and attend conservation committee and/or trail committee meetings
- Schedule, prepare for, and attend meetings with property stakeholders including landowners and local municipality representatives
- Prepare and conduct surveys
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transport. Willingness to travel with mileage reimbursement.
- Self-motivated individual, with strong time-management skills.
- Understanding and interest in the mission of Saratoga PLAN.
- A motivated graduate or upper level undergraduate student currently enrolled in an applicable major/program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational skills.
8-30 hours per week.
If you have any questions about Saratoga PLAN’s conservation internship opportunities, and/or would like to apply for an internship, please submit a resume and cover letter to our Stewardship Director, Devin, at: Devin@dev.saratogaplan.org.s124525.gridserver.com.