community engagement internship
community engagement internship
Saratoga PLAN is offering a Community Engagement and Curatorial Internship. This combined spring and summer internship provides graduate or undergraduate students hands-on communications, public relations and event management experience in a fast-paced nonprofit environment.
The position is ideal for a student interested in communications and outreach, marketing, journalism, aiding in the planning and implementation of three major events, including PLAN’s inaugural eARTh art tour: a live art event, reception and auction. Applicants should also share a passion for or interest in conserving natural areas, maintaining access to a local food supply, outdoor recreation, and mobilizing others to take action, too.
INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES (ASSIST WITH):
- Design and implement outreach communications (flyers, newsletters, other printed materials)
- Curate and create social media content to increase online engagement
- Conduct interviews, write press releases and blog posts
- Plan and implement (3) major events: Apple Blossom Run, eARTh art tour, Feast of the Fields
- Help with marketing, curating artists, conducting interviews, day-of event management + more
- Create multimedia marketing pieces (videography, photography)
- Represent PLAN and engage with community (at events, in preserves, etc).
- Adhere to PLAN branding requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- A motivated graduate or upper-level undergraduate student currently enrolled in an applicable program/major
- Understanding and interest in the mission of Saratoga PLAN
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Creative writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with digital communication tools (Facebook, Instagram)
- Working knowledge of digital marketing tools (Canva, Lumen5 or others)
- Experience with and interest in event planning
- Working knowledge of editing software (Photoshop, InDesign) (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel (mileage reimbursement)
- For immediate hire: up to 12 hours per week to accommodate class schedule
- After May 8: paid at $10/hr up to 30 hours per week through Aug/Sept.
- Interns will be reimbursed for job-related expenses
To apply for the community engagement internship, please submit a resume and cover letter to our Community Engagement Manager, Alex Fylypovych at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews to begin in March.
Saratoga PLAN is a nonprofit land trust that works to preserve the rural character, natural habitats and scenic beauty of Saratoga County so that these irreplaceable assets are accessible to all and survive for future generations. PLAN helps landowners conserve their farmland, woodlands and natural habitats. PLAN connects people to nature and promotes good health providing outdoor events, recreational opportunities, and programming that encourage the exploration of Saratoga County’s natural areas. To date PLAN has conserved over 7,000 acres of land and has helped build over 200 miles of trails.