community relations internship opportunities
Community relations internship opportunities are offered on an ongoing basis, with one intern accepted per semester, including summer sessions. Interns are supervised by Saratoga PLAN community relations staff and/or stewardship staff, and spend the majority of their time working out of Saratoga PLAN’s office located at 112 Spring Street, Saratoga Springs, New York.
The community relations intern position is designed to provide hands-on communications and public relations experience in a fast-paced nonprofit environment for graduate or undergraduate college students. The position is ideal for a student interested in marketing, communications, journalism, event planning, or outreach. Specific areas of focus are assigned based on Saratoga PLAN’s project needs at the time of application, as well as the applicant’s skillset, background, and interests.
Examples of Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist with media relations (radio and press releases), outreach communications (newsletters, e-mails, mailing, etc.), and web-based technologies (website updates, social networking, etc.).
- Writing for newsletters, event promotions, data mining, or press releases.
- Videography, photography, and producing multimedia pieces to update PLAN’s website.
- Assist with event planning and implementation- summer community outreach interns will work on the Feast of the Fields, PLAN’s largest fundraising event.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transport. Willingness to travel with mileage reimbursement.
- Understanding and interest in the mission of Saratoga PLAN.
- A motivated graduate or upper level undergraduate student currently enrolled in an applicable major/program.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Creative writing skills and clean grammar.
- Ability to work with web and multimedia technologies, using video, photography, and sound.
- Experience with event planning.
- Strong organizational skills.
8-30 hours per week.
If you have any questions about Saratoga PLAN’s community relations internship opportunities, and/or would like to apply for a community relations internship, please submit a resume and cover letter to our Stewardship Director, Greg, at: Greg@dev.saratogaplan.org.s124525.gridserver.com.