outreach & special events internship opportunities
Outreach & special events internship opportunities are offered on an ongoing basis, with one intern accepted per summer. Interns are supervised by Saratoga PLAN community relations staff, and spend the majority of their time working out of Saratoga PLAN’s office located in Saratoga Springs, New York.
The outreach & special events intern position is designed to provide hands-on communications and public relations experience in a fast-paced nonprofit environment for recent grads, graduate, or undergraduate college students. The position is ideal for a student interested in marketing, communications, journalism, event planning, or outreach. The outreach & special events intern will primarily work on Saratoga PLAN’s largest fundraising event, The Feast of the Fields.
Examples of Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist with media relations (radio and press releases), outreach communications (newsletters, e-mails, mailings, etc.), and web-based technologies (website updates, social networking, etc.);
- Writing for newsletters, event promotions, data mining, or press releases;
- Videography, photography, and producing multimedia pieces to update PLAN’s website; and
- Working night of event- assisting with the coordination of chefs, volunteers, venue staff, and with setting up and breaking down event.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transport. Willingness to travel with mileage reimbursement included;
- Understanding and interest in the mission of Saratoga PLAN;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite;
- Creative writing skills and clean grammar;
- Ability to work with web and multimedia technologies, using video, photography, and sound;
- Experience with event planning; and
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work 15-30 hours per week, with flexibility offered in determining work schedule; and
- Ability to work summer – early fall.
If you have any questions about Saratoga PLAN’s outreach and special events internship opportunity, and/or would like to apply for an outreach and special events internship, please submit a resume and cover letter to our Stewardship Director, Greg, at: Greg@saratogaplan.org.